Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekly Weigh-in: WEEK 3

 
 
Starting weight: 192.0  lbs
 
Week 1 weight: 190.5 lbs (loss of 1.5)
Week 2 weight: 188.0 lbs (loss of 2.5)
Week 3 weight: 187.0 lbs (loss of 1.0)

Total loss: 5 lbs
 
 
Week 1 inches lost: 0.75"
Week 2 inches lost: 0.75"
Week 3 inches lost: 1.25"

Total loss: 2.75"

 
Week 1 Steps/Miles: 106,731 / 45.89 mi.
Week 2 Steps/Miles: 109,858 / 48.48 mi.
Week 3 Steps/Miles: 102,225/ 50.13 mi.

 
Week 1 avg. calorie intake: 1,955
Week 2 avg. calorie intake: 1,621  (much better - I met this week's goal!)
Week 3 avg. calorie intake: 1,823 (yikes!)
 
 
Moment I am proud of: Hiking 4 miles on my birthday (Thursday), and it did not feel like 4 miles at all - it was a breeze!
 
 
Nutritional changes/observations: It is best to let close friends and family know that you are changing what you eat, so that they don't inadvertently tempt you with stuff you shouldn't be eating.
 
 
What hurts: my calves (still), and my toes from my hiking boots.  My boots felt great on the way up, but I kept slipping forward in the toe box on the way down, and my toes are still sore.  I also have a blister on the back of one of my heels that won't heal over.  My heel rubbed all the way through the lining in my shoe, exposing the plastic support in the heel cup, which produced a blister.  I walked in sandals for two days, which felt very similar to walking in sand.  My entire lower leg was aching.  Now I am wearing a band aid, covered with duct tape, every time I walk.  I also repadded the heel of the shoe and covered that in duct tape.  It's time for new shoes - luckily I have some birthday money to spend!
 
 
Confessional: Thursday was my birthday, and I ate like it was my birthday, lol!
 
 
Deep thoughts from exercise delirium: I so want to run... I'm working into the runner's high range, and I really want to run.
 
 
My goal for next week: Get the calorie intake back under control, and lose at least one more pound.  I am currently at a BMI of 30.2 - if I go under 30, I drop down from the 'obese' range into the 'overweight' range.  Each 0.5 lbs is about a tenth of a percentage point of the BMI at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment