Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekly Weigh-in: WEEK 4

 
 

Starting weight: 192.0  lbs
 
Week 1 weight: 190.5 lbs (loss of 1.5)
Week 2 weight: 188.0 lbs (loss of 2.5)
Week 3 weight: 187.0 lbs (loss of 1.0)
Week 4 weight: 186.0 lbs (loss of 1.0)

Total loss: 6 lbs
 
 
Week 1 inches lost: 0.75"
Week 2 inches lost: 0.75"
Week 3 inches lost: 1.25"
Week 4 inches lost: 1.5"

Total loss: 4.25"

 
Week 1 Steps/Miles: 106,731 / 45.89 mi.
Week 2 Steps/Miles: 109,858 / 48.48 mi.
Week 3 Steps/Miles: 102,225 / 50.13 mi.
Week 4 Steps/Miles/Running: 104,213 / 49.63 mi. walking and 1.6 mi. running!!

 
Week 1 avg. calorie intake: 1,955
Week 2 avg. calorie intake: 1,621  (much better - I met this week's goal!)
Week 3 avg. calorie intake: 1,823 (yikes!)
Week 4 avg. calorie intake: 1,745
 
 
Moment I am proud of: Running! Bounce be damned - when the mood strikes, I'm running.  I ran 0.5 miles as part of my walk three days in a row.  That is about all I can manage right now, without passing out.  But I'm doing it!  I am also celebrating 30 straight days of exercising and breaking a sweat - on average 45 minutes per day.  I don't feel 'right' until I've had my walk.
 
 
Nutritional changes/observations: No real changes this week.  On the days that I exercise in the range of 60 minutes, I do take in closer to 1800-1900 calories, and less on the days when I am in the 30-45 minute range.  I've also noticed that my stomach has shrunk considerably - smaller meals in greater frequency is what I am trending towards.  I have also noticed that I prefer that slightly hungry feeling now, over feeling full.
 
 
What hurts: The bursitis in my right hip is rearing it's ugly head, but I am working through it.  It mostly bothers me when I get up first thing in the morning, and then when I get up from sitting longer than 10 minutes.  I am also having issues with my right arch, despite the orthotics.  It might be time to revisit the doctor and get refitted.  I find it amusing in the morning, when Dean and I hobble around for the first couple of minutes of the day.  I hope we never have to fly out of bed in an emergency...we wouldn't be able to move very fast!
 
 
Confessional: A single dip of chocolate-orange Walrus ice cream.  And you know what?  It didn't even taste that good... :(  At a whopping 400 calories, it was. not. worth. it.
 
 
Deep thoughts from exercise delirium: Since I am actively exercising now and more attuned to it, there seems to be an awful lot of backlash on Facebook about women starving themselves and punishing their psyche just to be thin(ner).  I don't feel that I am punishing myself.  I don't deprive, I don't give in to negative self-talk and what I am doing feels right.  FOR ME.  That's right, it's allllll about me.  :) 
 
 
My goal for next week: I met my goal for last week!  I dropped another pound, and my BMI adjusted downward from the 'obese' range into the 'overweight' range.  Yay!  My goal this week is to run that 1/2 mile stretch for 4 days, and to purchase an exercise ball, and begin working with it.  The kids popped my last one.

1 comment: