Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

A quiet month...

It's been quiet around here lately. I came off that terrific run while on vacation in OKC, got some actual running shoes and then...nothing. Bitter cold came to stay for a long time, and frozen streets and slippery sidewalks didn't look all that appetizing. I have also been waffling about getting a good sports bra. My PS recommended a sports bra that would mash my chest so tight that nothing moves. Period. Otherwise, I would risk floppity boobs allll over again in a few years. :(. That is all fine and good, but in the meantime, I'm not shelling out $70 bucks on a bra when I have no idea what size to get. Finally, after a long, long ten weeks of waiting and recovery, I feel like my new girls may have settled on a size and I hopped online and gave Amazon a little business a couple days ago. They're hurting for customers this time of year, you know... I chose an Enell bra, based on reviews from other mother-runners who had been through the enlargement/lift/reduction/reconstruction ordeal. It looks like a evil-constrictive thing, which is exactly what the doctor ordered. It has a front closure, with about eight hooks. Geesh! It is on it's way, and I can't wait to try it out. In the meantime, I'm TRIPLING the sports bras when I go out. That is the only way it is semi-comfortable.

 

So far, I am absolutely thrilled with the results of my breast reduction. I *think* my right side is about a C, and the left is still making up it's mind. Probably a D, which means I will have to go with a D cup bra. I hope that with another 25 pounds or so of weight loss, this might change. Most likely not, since most of what is left is glandular tissue. They feel pretty solid, although the left side is considerably more squishy. I am happy to report that, as of this week, I am finally 100% scab free. The scars are really red and noticeable, it will take a years' time for them to fade as far as they conceivably will. Which isn't much. Things still hurt - any kind of bounce when I have little or no support is painful. But I can bound up the stairs or drive down a bumpy road and weather it just fine when wearing a bra. I can whole-heartedly say that this was the best decision I ever made. I feel like a new person! Years of self-loathing have sloughed away...I wish I had done this sooner, but with the pregnancies and everything, that would not have made sense.

 

I am also happy to report that despite a solid ten weeks of very minimal activity, my weight has only fluctuated by two pounds. And I've put away an OBSCENE amount of Christmas cookies in the past couple weeks alone! Maintaining has always been my biggest worry, and so far, so good. But now I am ready to start pushing hard again. Really, really hard. Like Jillian Michaels in-your-face hard. I make the kids exercise with me during commercials. I park in farthest spot I can. I've revamped my playlist. I'm running a 5K in T-minus 9 days! Aack!

No comments:

Post a Comment