Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blood, Sweat and Tears

 
I took my first tumble this morning.  I say 'first' because I am clumsy, and I am sure there will be more...  I was nearing the end of my walk/run, where I run down a long straight street for a half mile, then pass through a walkway and turn a sharp corner onto a busy street to head for home.  I was at the end, making my turn when my right foot hit a tuft of grass near the edge of the sidewalk and down I went.  Left knee down, both hands bracing me, chin hit the pavement and my right leg swung upward towards the sky because, you know... I was running.  The momentum was hard to stop - I almost did a somersault.  So here is the damage report: scraped palms, skinned left knee, torqued back from the leg swing, my recently operated-on shoulder took a lot more shock absorption then it should have, and a scraped chin from kissing the pavement.  Everything hurts.  But I am happy.  I didn't tear my running pants.  I would have been all kinds of pissed if that had happened.  I also kept running.  I petted the dog, assured her that she was not at fault, got up and ran some more.  Another half mile!  That is the furthest I have been able to make it yet!
 
Thank god tomorrow is a rest day...

No comments:

Post a Comment