Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekly Weigh-in: WEEK 7

 
 

Starting weight: 192.0  lbs
 
Week 1 weight: 190.5 lbs (loss of 1.5)
Week 2 weight: 188.0 lbs (loss of 2.5)
Week 3 weight: 187.0 lbs (loss of 1.0)
Week 4 weight: 186.0 lbs (loss of 1.0)
Week 5 weight: 184.0 lbs (loss of 2.0)
Week 6 weight: 181.3 lbs (loss of 2.7)
Week 7 weight: 179.4 lbs (loss of 1.9)

Total loss: 12.6 lbs
 
 
Week 1 inches lost: 0.75"
Week 2 inches lost: 0.75"
Week 3 inches lost: 1.25"
Week 4 inches lost: 1.5"
Week 5 inches lost: 1.5"
Week 6 inches lost: 0.75"
Week 7 inches lost: 0.75"

Total loss: 7.25"

 
Week 1 Steps/Miles: 106,731 / 45.89 mi.
Week 2 Steps/Miles: 109,858 / 48.48 mi.
Week 3 Steps/Miles: 102,225 / 50.13 mi.
Week 4 Steps/Miles/Running: 104,213 / 49.63 mi. walking and 1.6 mi. running!!
Week 5 Steps/Miles/Running:   96,139 / 47.10 mi. walking
Week 6 Steps/Miles/Running:   99,991/  49.01 mi. walking and 0.5 mi. running
Week 7 Steps/Miles/Running:   83,568/  40.92 mi. walking and 0   mi. running
 
Week 1 avg. calorie intake: 1,955
Week 2 avg. calorie intake: 1,621  (much better - I met this week's goal!)
Week 3 avg. calorie intake: 1,823 (yikes!)
Week 4 avg. calorie intake: 1,745
Week 5 avg. calorie intake: 1,579
Week 6 avg. calorie intake: 1,603
Week 7 avg. calorie intake: 1,613
 
 
Moment(s) I am proud of: Working in every opportunity to get some exercise this week, I decided to bike with the kids to a picnic that was across town.  Well...truth be told, it was decided for me because Dean needed the car that evening, but I was already thinking in that direction anyway.  We had a fun ride there and back.  On the way home, it was dark, but Jordan and I had head lamps strapped to our helmets.  Rylan rode her own bike, and I pulled the boys in the trailer.  Since it was after dark, we encountered several sprinkler systems along the way, getting a rather cool shower in the process - it was fun.  :)

I also used the exercise room at the hotel we stayed in on Tuesday morning.  That was a first.  I chose to use the elliptical, since another lady was already using the treadmill.  She was from Texas.  I chatted with her for a couple minutes, then I slipped on my headphones.  I hoped I didn't appear rude - I just needed to focus on the beat - an elliptical is hard to keep a steady pace on!  I liked it very much though.  I think I am putting an elliptical machine on the short list for a future purchase with winter just around the corner..

Another thing I am proud of is the three straight hours of swimming we all did on Monday night.  We stayed at a hotel with a fantastic pool complex, with tons of water slides and stuff to do.  I used to be the mom that stayed on the sidelines and watched the kids play - but I can't really do that in a place like this.  GUSTO!  Get in and have fun!  And I did.
 
 
Nutritional changes/observations: The beginning of this week was rough.  Three solid days on not hitting my exercise mark, and eating on the road.  We did our best to eat within our calorie limits - but there is something about vacation and the mental cue to abandon all reason because - "Hey!  I'm on vacation!"  On that note... the ice cream that is sold at Mt. Rushmore is very, very good.  I didn't get my own cone, but shared a little bit off of each of the kids.  Chocolate Mint.  Oh.  My.  Word.
 
 
What hurts: Still struggling with the head cold/coughing cycle.  I am in my second week of it.  It has really drained my energy.
 
 
Confessional: Totally did not get my steps in this week.  Sunday and Monday mornings, Dean and I got up and walked the grounds of Fort Robinson, NE, where we were staying.  A beautiful place, with rolling hills and dirt roads.  We just didn't get up early enough to get in as much as we needed, which was a shame.  Monday afternoon we drove north up to Custer State Park, and did Wind Cave Nat'l Park.  Again, even though there was lots of walking involved, it was either hot, or we were on a cave tour, and that isn't conducive to a workout, per se.  When we got home on Tuesday night, and Wednesday was insanely busy and was the first day I didn't break a sweat.  I broke my streak of 52 days STRAIGHT of breaking as sweat.  I was really sad about that.  :(
 
 
Deep thoughts from exercise delirium: The only time I really hit that high was on the elliptical on Tuesday.  And my only thought was - I forgot my %$*&#! water bottle!
 
 
My goal for next week: Work harder.  A lot harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment