Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Working through pain

So I fell yesterday morning.  As I finished my run and limped through my cool-down, I realized - gosh!  This really hurts!  And so, to feel better, I totally forgot about the things I should have done - like ice and ibuprofen, and instead made some coffee and poked around on Pinterest. 
 
Yesterday's activities included a hike with our Girl Scout troop.  That was the first thing that came to mind after I fell - "gee, this is not going to feel good in a few hours when it is time to hike".  But commitment to fitness means you do it anyway, unless it will do more damage in the long run.  In this case, I was sure that getting out there and moving was going to help sort things out a bit - inside and out.  Gusto, people!  Is there beautiful blue sky and warm sunshine outside?  Then GET OUT THERE and enjoy it!  And so we did.
 
I am grateful for the mindshift I've experienced over the past couple of months.  It has changed me, for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment